Alter Nation is a four-part comic book mini-series published by Image Comics between February and June, 2004. The story is set in an alternate history and universe that combines Steampunk and Cyberpunk.
- "THE GREATEST STORY OF ALL TIMES BEGINS HERE!"
- "It's the 19th Century, and a strange astronomic-time phenomenon has created an alternate timeline in which every era of Earth's history is combined into a single reality. Germany has invaded America and Ludwig II is Emperor, but a clever band of rebels led by Samuel Clemens are staging a revolt..."
Alter Nation 1A/1BEdit
- Published: February 2004
- A dinosaur stagecoach is intercepted by a squad of Imperial Zeppelins and ATM's (Automat-Tin-Men). Dark Commander Poe has joined the conquering armies and discovered that Annie Oakley, a rebel spy, has stolen secret information. Meanwhile, Rasputin's plans for global domination begin to take shape.
Alter Nation 2A/2BEdit
- Published: March 2004
- Sam and Tokugawa are aided by the Wright Brothers as they break into Ellis Island Castle to learn more about the origins of the mysterious Atomic Machine. Fallout from an old love affair between Sam and Mata Hari could endanger the mission, though, and Jack the Ripper isn't helping things, either!
Alter Nation 3A/3BEdit
- Published: April 2004
- During a great battle, Annie Oakley and the Automated Tin Man rescue Billy the Kid and Matthew Henson from the clutches of General Custer's Imperial Army and his T-Rex, "Sue." Meanwhile, Samuel Clemens realizes it's becoming more and more difficult to be an adventurer with a sense of humor during wartime: He must make a fateful decision to in order to stop the Empire once and for all and prevent Rasputin from getting his hands on the Atomic Machine at the North Pole.
Alter Nation 4A/4BEdit
- Published: June 2004
- The conclusion to the greatest miniseries of ALL times! Sam has been eliminated by Rasputin. Annie Oakley will lead her Rebel group, guided by the trapper Teddy Roosevelt and his giant bear, into a great sky battle against the German Empire's Zeppelin Army. The mystery of the ALTERNATION Universe is at the threshold of discovery!